Here is a place where you can catch a glimpse of lakes, fields, mountains and various landscapes of British Columbia. I enjoy breathing the air the higher in elevation I go. There is a sweet smell to the atmosphere depending on the day. For those of you who have a heart that is tied with great love to our Mother Earth please enjoy this blog and I welcome your opinions and feedback Love and Light Colleen

Friday, June 02, 2006

Summer Salad Delite


Hello to everyone. It has been way to long since my last post.

As summer approaches the last place I like to be is in the house. The thought of working in a hot kitchen is a sad one. We live on salads most of the summer. Here is a great salad recipe for those hot summer nights. It has become a family favorite through out the years. Courtesy of my sister Steph here is a yummy treat. If you love garlic you will love this one. Enjoy!

GERMAN GARLIC SALAD

Ingredients:

1-2 heads of butter lettuce
4 or more cloves garlic
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Instructions:

Combine everything in a container and shake well. Pour it over the butter lettuce and serve. The salad dressing will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.

Enjoy the salad and I will keep the recipes coming through the season. Love and Light Colleen.